Sunday, August 10, 2008

Baby Shower in Roanoke


Finally, I have some pictures of the wonderful baby shower my sister put on for me in Roanoke, VA a couple weekends ago. Thankfully I had some company on the long trip between TN and VA, Mandy & James met up with me in Knoxville and shared the ride. On Sunday, we had lunch at the Hotel Roanoke, some baby cake, and opened a pile of presents for the new "Bunny" Meadows. The tables were decorated with pink candles and brown bears - so sweet! The young girls made "hospital" name bracelets out of beads for all the guests, and Meghan had everyone busy filling out a page for a keepsake book. Everything was beautiful and it was wonderful to get to see so many people from Virginia again - I hadn't seen some of them in over a year! I even had some family from Ohio make the trip - my Aunt Jenny, her daughters Kelly, Molly, and Megan, and my Gramma Jean. It's just not a party without those wild women along!
My sister was also kind enough to give me a momma-to-be a tiara to wear. Tiaras are very big in my family! There was so much loot to haul back to Tennessee, we had to load up my mother-in-law's car so she could bring the rest when they visited us the following week. Bunny is definitely going to be one well outfitted baby!








1 comment:

Allison said...

Yeah, some shower pictures. Looks like yall had a ball! I'm so glad Bridget, you deserve the best. Thanks BTW for Abigail's cute brown bear decked in frills. She's carried it around everywhere since. And she loved the jewelry. Bet you had a ball playing the clothes, I see the frog footy suit, I got that one for my sister Sue's little female addition. Isn't that too cute!!