Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Some progress

It seems we are moving faster and faster towards the end of this pregnancy, and yet somehow it is dragging along. It is very hot (97 yesterday) and I am starting to feel fairly uncomfortable both in the heat and if I sit or lay down the wrong way. Tony's job in the morning is always to wake me up when he gets out of the shower. His new secondary responsibility is to help me flop over into a position where I can use his arms to pull myself up and out of our bed. It's a pillowy cushy bed, and it is sooooo comfy for sleeping, but it does seem to have a magnetic pull that refuses to let me go once I'm in it! Beached whale jokes are only so funny at 6am...

I am torn between enjoying the moment and the relative ease of carrying around a baby without worrying about car seats or diaper bags and wanting to get the show on the road and meet this little chica already. I am right around 30 weeks, give or take, and am now seeing the doc every 2 weeks instead of 4. We have signed up for the birthing classes and hospital tour in August so we know where to go and what to do on the big day, we're also set up to take a breastfeeding class not long after that. Bunny's room is kinda sorta coming along. We have some baby gear but nowhere to put it yet! The water leak on the wall is almost fixed, hopefully when I come home today all the drywall dust will be cleaned up and the plastic will be taken away. We found a very nice, very cheap, very quick little Asian guy to fix the roof and gutters and dry wall all together. So far it's been 3 days and it is almost done, all by himself alone. I did have to laugh when I saw the roof repair estimate involved "replasing 3 cingos". Somehow when he says "shingles" it does sound like cingos!! Hilarious.

This weekend, I'm heading up to Virginia for a baby shower my sis is throwing me. Sort of random to have it there, but I have a lot of friends still living there and it is sort of a central meeting place for myself, my mom, Tony's mom, my sis, and even some of my Ohio family. So it should be a good time. While I'm gone, Tony is going to work on getting the baby's room primed so it won't stink like crazy while I'm in the house - the primer is apparently the worst when it comes to fumes. After that, we still need to paint and get a crib. I think almost everything else is pretty much on track for about 10 weeks left. Let's hope she keeps hanging out happily and doesn't rush anything! I had my first contraction the other day, and I've come to one conclusion - Dr. Braxton Hicks was a moron - painless my ass!!!

No comments: